My Lovely Followers

Saturday 15 July 2017

Distress Ink Galaxy Background with Imagine Design Create Star Stamps

Good Morning and Happy Weekend!
 
Today I am sharing another card I have created using my beautiful stamps from the fab UK company Imagine Design Create. This card features the Star Mix Stamps and Reach for the Stars Stamps with Distress Inks and Heat Embossing.

This is the finished card.



So I started by laying some Distress Ink down in a random pattern, I used Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon, Faded Jeans and Black Soot.



  I then used a toothbrush to spay small splashes of water and my fingers to create bigger drops. I let the water sit for about 30 seconds before blotting with a tissue.



 I then repeated the inking and splashing process to create more depth of colour with layers.



The final layer I inked again then used some white acrylic with a tiny bit of water on the toothbrush to make some tiny white dots for stars that pop. I left this to dry under my flat glass mat so it would keep flat and be dry for the heat embossing - if not dry the powder just sticks everywhere! For the heat embossing I used Versamark clear ink and Heat it up Seafoam White embossing powder. I did this in stages, doing the centre sentiment first, then the corners and finally the middle edges in order to keep the stamping crisp and not accidently smudge the design :) To finish I added some small white pearls as little stars and attached to a card blank.

The Imagine Design Stamps are so crisp and stamp beautifully clean. You can check out the other products here.

Thanks for looking,
Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell

No comments: