My Lovely Followers

Friday 22 December 2017

Shine Bright Guest Design Team Card for Imagine Design Create


 Hello Everyone,

Today I am sharing an inky card I made using the beautiful Diamond Love Stamp Set by Imagine Design Create and Distress Oxide Inks. I played around with some gold embossing powder and the inks to create this card

The Original Post can be found here!


For this card I have also used:
6” x 4” Card Blank
White Watercolour Card
Versamark Clear Ink
Distress Oxide Ink: Candied Apple and Spiced Marmalade
Double Sided Tape, PVA glue, Gold Sequins

I started by stamping the elements I wanted to heat emboss in gold onto the card. Once cool I half inked the diamond infill stamp with red and the other half orange and stamped this over top of the embossed diamonds.
I then ran the red ink pad over the edges of the card and put some of the orange ink onto my glass mat. I sprayed with water to make a puddle and dragged the edges through this to create the inky edges.


I sprayed with water and left to dry flat under my glass mat. Once dry I added flicks of ink with my brush, attached to the card blank and then added a few gold sequins to finish.


It’s sometimes fun to just have a play with the ink and see what happens. No two cards are the same and you can learn so much from just experimenting!


 

Thanks for stopping by,
Sarah x

P.S. check out my . . .
facebook page : Magenta Snowflake Designs
twitter : @sarahgleaves
pintrest : Sarah Bell